At Happy Scribe, we've just made it super easy to add subtitles and closed captions to your Wistia videos! Wistia is an online video production software used to make marketing software, video series, and educational content.
Not only are captions a great way to make videos more accessibile but they also have an important impact on SEO. Many marketers and content creators who use Happy Scribe speak to us about the importance of online visibility and the positive effect of subtitles and closed captions on their videos.
To create subtitles and closed captions for your Wistia videos, all you need is to log in to your Happy Scribe account and make sure that you are logged in to your Wistia account and you're just 3 steps away.
Let's take a look at those 3 steps now.
Step 1 : Upload your video to Happy Scribe
- Click on
Upload a new file
- Connect to your Wistia account directly from Happy Scribe, pick your file and hit
- When your file is ready, click on it to open it
Step 2 : Edit and Export your subtitles on the Subtitle Generator
- When you are happy with your edits, click on
Exportand select the .srt format
Step 3 : Upload the subtitles to your Wistia video
- From Wistia, select the video you want to add subtitles to
- Click on
Customizein the left hand menu
- Scroll down and click on
- Select on
Upload SRT file
- Choose the .srt file you have just exported from Happy Scribe.
- Your subtitles will now be added to your video!
Et voilà - gone are the days of complicated processes to subtitle your videos!
Here's a video for all you visual learners out there!