How to generate an SRT file?
- Upload your video.With our uploader, you can import your file from anywhere, whether it's on your laptop, Google Drive, Youtube, or Dropbox. The first 10 minutes are free and there's no file limit.
- Select the language of the video.We support more than 120 languages, dialects, and accents.
- Select "Automatic".Our automatic subtitle generator is lightning fast and 85% accurate.
- Receive your subtitles.Our generator will generate your subtitles in just a few minutes (depending on the length of your file).
- Click on "Export" and choose the SRT subtitle format.You’ve successfully generated SRT subtitles for your video!
Frequently Asked Questions
What are SRT subtitles?
An SRT subtitle file (also known as SubRip or an SRT file) is a plain-text file that makes it possible to add subtitles to a video after it has been produced. It does not include the video you are subtitling. However, it usually includes timecodes to ensure that your subtitles appear at the same time as the audio.
How is an SRT subtitle generator beneficial for me?
Using an SRT subtitle generator is essential to the success of your video. An SRT file generator can help increase the viewership of your video content by providing subtitles that allow non-native language speakers, the Deaf, and the hard of hearing a way to engage with your content. An SRT Generator can also help comprehension of your video if you have speakers with thick accents or fast speech. An SRT subtitle generator can also help boost SEO because Google can’t index audio.
What other types of subtitle file formats are common?
SRT files are not the only type of subtitle file format, but it is one of the more widely supported types. WebVTT (.vtt) is another subtitle file format. It is a new method of subtitling that enables you to edit the color and font of the subtitle text. Another subtitle format is EBU-STL (.stl). This format is used primarily with European broadcasters for subtitling TV programs.
Is subtitling time-consuming?
With our SRT subtitle generator, subtitling no longer has to be time-consuming. Happy Scribe’s intelligent platform uses the latest technology to transform the audio in your video into accurate subtitles in just a few minutes. With this SRT file in hand, you can quickly add upload your video with subtitles to numerous social media platforms.
How do I generate SRT subtitles for YouTube?
The first step is to use an SRT subtitle generator like Happy Scribe to convert the audio in your video to text and export the transcript as an SRT file. Then from your YouTube post upload your video and SRT file.
Below is the list of languages we support for subtitles.
- Really unique service and definitely fills a need. I do a lot of audio/video interviews and then need to write articles from those interviews. Happy Scribe will save me a lot of time (and pain) in turning the audio to text. Accuracy was about 95% which is excellent!
- This is the most amazing software you can find online for transcribing your audio/video into text. The price is amazing. Worth every euro I paid for it. The service is super useful. I am very happy I found this. Many many thanks!
- Great service and easy to contact for help with questions. I used this service for my dissertation study and it saved me a lot of time. I’d recommend this service to anyone in need of quick transcription service.
- Excellent transcription software. Highlights anything it feels it might have got wrong but corrections are easily made as the audio is available to play along with the transcript without having to hook up drives etc. Very impressed.
- I found it very simple to understand and follow. It generated exactly what I wanted and what I expected. The results were very close to near perfect, word for word.
- Happy Scribe saves me so much time. As a journalist, my dream was to have an intern to transcribe my interviews to me - but Happy Scribe answered my prayers instead! And for a reasonable price too. Super happy with it.