How to generate a VTT file?
- Upload your video.With our uploader, you can import your file from anywhere, whether it's on your laptop, Google Drive, Youtube, or Dropbox. The first 10 minutes are free and there's no file limit.
- Select the language of the video.We support more than 120 languages, dialects, and accents.
- Select "Automatic".Our automatic subtitle generator is lightning fast and 85% accurate.
- Receive your subtitles.Our generator will generate your subtitles in just a few minutes (depending on the length of your file).
- Click on "Export" and choose the VTT subtitle format.You’ve successfully generated VTT subtitles for your video!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a VTT file?
WebVTT stands for Web Video Text Tracks. VTT is a captioning and subtitling format that is becoming increasingly popular since its invention in 2010. It was developed by the Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WHATWG) to support text tracks in HTML5.
How is VTT different from SRT?
VTT files are superior to SRT files in that they allow for greater flexibility in the look of your subtitles and captions. A VTT file includes robust formatting options including greater font styles, colors, text formatting, and placement. It is also the preferred format for HTML5 videos. Vimeo, Brightcove, and YouTube are popular platforms that use VTT.
How is a VTT subtitle generator beneficial for me?
Using a VTT subtitle generator is essential to the success of your video. A VTT file generator can help increase the viewership of your video content by providing subtitles that allow non-native language speakers, the Deaf, and the hard of hearing a way to engage with your content. A VTT Generator can also help comprehension of your video if you have speakers with thick accents or fast speech. A VTT subtitle generator can also help boost SEO because Google can’t index audio.
What are the downsides of creating your VTT files manually?
One of the major downfalls of creating your VTT files is that you have to generate your timecodes, whereas a VTT caption generator will create the timecodes for you. This makes DIY captioning very time-consuming compared to a VTT generator.
How long does it take to generate a VTT File?
The amount of time it will take to caption a video depends on the length of your video, the quality of the video, and whether or not you caption the video yourself or use a VTT caption generator. If your video quality is good and you are experienced at converting audio to text, you can expect to take up to 10 times the length of a video to get captions. This means a 10-minute video can take close to 1 hour and 40 minutes to transcribe. Then if you create your time codes, this may take longer. In contrast, a VTT file generator typically can convert your video to text with timecodes in half the time of your video file. This means that a 10-minute video can be captioned in around 5 minutes with a VTT Generator.
Below is the list of languages we support for subtitles.
- Really unique service and definitely fills a need. I do a lot of audio/video interviews and then need to write articles from those interviews. Happy Scribe will save me a lot of time (and pain) in turning the audio to text. Accuracy was about 95% which is excellent!
- This is the most amazing software you can find online for transcribing your audio/video into text. The price is amazing. Worth every euro I paid for it. The service is super useful. I am very happy I found this. Many many thanks!
- Great service and easy to contact for help with questions. I used this service for my dissertation study and it saved me a lot of time. I’d recommend this service to anyone in need of quick transcription service.
- Excellent transcription software. Highlights anything it feels it might have got wrong but corrections are easily made as the audio is available to play along with the transcript without having to hook up drives etc. Very impressed.
- I found it very simple to understand and follow. It generated exactly what I wanted and what I expected. The results were very close to near perfect, word for word.
- Happy Scribe saves me so much time. As a journalist, my dream was to have an intern to transcribe my interviews to me - but Happy Scribe answered my prayers instead! And for a reasonable price too. Super happy with it.