How to convert audio to text?
- Upload your audio file.With our uploader, you can import your file from anywhere, whether it's on your laptop, Google Drive, Youtube, or Dropbox. The first 10 minutes are free and there's no file limit.
- Select the language of the audio.We support more than 120 languages, dialects, and accents.
- Choose "Automatic" or "Professional".Our automatic transcription software is lightning fast and 85% accurate. With our professional service, your transcript will be transcribed and proofread by an expert and native speaker and delivered with 99% accuracy.
- Receive your transcript.Our automatic transcription software will convert your audio to text in just a few minutes (depending on the length of your file). If you select our professional service, your transcript will be ready within 24 hours.
- Click on "Export" and choose your preferred file format.You can export to TXT, DOCX, PDF, HTML, and many more. It’s that easy to get your audio files transcribed!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is audio to text transcription?
Audio to text transcription is the process of converting an audio file into a text file. From journalists needing to select a quote for their article from a recent interview, to businessmen needing a written record of a meeting, to a student wanting study notes from a lecture, there are plenty of scenarios where having a text file is more convenient than an audio recording. Transcription is also useful for podcasts, phone calls, dictation, etc... This is where transcription can help.
What are the advantages of converting audio to text?
There are numerous advantages to transcribe audio to text. When you transcribe audio, you make your content more accessible for the Deaf, hard of hearing, and non-native language speakers. Transcribing audio to text can improve SEO because Google can't index audio.
What are the main ways to convert audio to text?
There are three main methods to do so; doing it yourself (DIY), using an automatic transcription software, or using a professional transcription service. Happy Scribe offers all three options. Manually converting your file to text is the free method, but also extremely time-consuming. Our automatic transcription software uses the state-of-the-art speech recogntion technology to transcribe your audio in a few minutes with 85% accuracy. Our professional transcription service provides the highest accuracy rate and delivers in 24 hours.
How long does it take to transcribe audio to text?
The amount of time it will take to transcribe your file depends on the length of your audio file, the quality of the audio, and whether or not you transcribe the audio yourself or use a software that transcribes for you. If your audio quality is good and you are experienced at transcribing audio to text you can expect to take 4 hours to convert 1 hour of audio. If you have poor audio or are a novice at transcribing audio to text this may take longer. In contrast, the best audio to text converter can convert audio to text in a few minutes. Furthermore, a professional transcriber from Happy Scribe can provide you with a proofread & high-quality transcript within 24 hours.
What is the difference between transcription and translation?
Transcription involves converting audio to text. Transcribing audio to text involves taking an audio file and converting it to a text document verbatim and in the same language that the original speaker used. The best audio to text conversion can take an audio file in Spanish and convert it into a Spanish text file. On the other hand, translation is the process of taking a piece of audio or written text and converting it into another language. For example, if you have a text document in English but want it converted to French, that is translation.
Below is the list of audio formats we support for transcription.
Our Transcription Services
Free Transcription Editor
Made by transcribers for transcribers, you can use our online transcription editor to manually transcribe your audio or video to text. It's online and free.
Our automatic transcription service uses state-of-the-art A.I. technologies to convert your audio and video files to text. Get your files in a matter of minutes with up to 85% accuracy.
Starting at $0.20 / minute.Learn more
Get your transcripts done by our hand-selected team of transcriptionists. With our professional transcription offer, get 99% accurate transcripts in a 24 hours turnaround.
Starting at $1.95 / minute.Learn more
Below is the list of languages we support for transcription.
- Really unique service and definitely fills a need. I do a lot of audio/video interviews and then need to write articles from those interviews. Happy Scribe will save me a lot of time (and pain) in turning the audio to text. Accuracy was about 95% which is excellent!
- This is the most amazing software you can find online for transcribing your audio/video into text. The price is amazing. Worth every euro I paid for it. The service is super useful. I am very happy I found this. Many many thanks!
- Great service and easy to contact for help with questions. I used this service for my dissertation study and it saved me a lot of time. I’d recommend this service to anyone in need of quick transcription service.
- Excellent transcription software. Highlights anything it feels it might have got wrong but corrections are easily made as the audio is available to play along with the transcript without having to hook up drives etc. Very impressed.
- I found it very simple to understand and follow. It generated exactly what I wanted and what I expected. The results were very close to near perfect, word for word.
- Happy Scribe saves me so much time. As a journalist, my dream was to have an intern to transcribe my interviews to me - but Happy Scribe answered my prayers instead! And for a reasonable price too. Super happy with it.