How to translate a video?
- Upload your video.With our uploader, you can import your file from anywhere, whether it's on your laptop, Google Drive, Youtube, or Dropbox. The first 10 minutes are free and there's no file limit.
- Select the language of the video.We support transcription in 120 languages, dialects, and accents.
- Choose "Transcription" or "Subtitles".To translate your video, we first need to transcribe it. Depending on the format that you want to export, choose "Subtitles" if you plan to add the subtitles to your video later. Choose "Transcription" if you want to have a transcript instead.
- Choose "Automatic" or "Professional".Our automatic transcription software is lightning fast and 85% accurate. With our professional service, your file will be transcribed and proofread by an expert and native speaker and delivered with 99% accuracy.
- Receive your transcript/subtitles.Our automatic software will convert your file to text in just a few minutes (depending on the length of your file). If you choose our professional service, your transcript will be ready within 24 hours.
- Select "Translation" and choose your language.Our video translator will generate the translation of your video within a minute.
- Click on "Export" and choose your preferred file format.It’s that easy to get translate your video to translated.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many languages can I translate my video to?
Happy Scribe supports automatic translation in more than 10 languages.
What languages does the video translator support?
Happy Scribe can translate videos in German, English, French, Italian, Japanese, Spanish, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, and Mandarin.
How does video translation work?
To translate your video, we first need to extract the audio from them and convert them into text. Happy Scribe's transcription services transcribe video accurately and deliver it back to our clients in the shortest time possible. Once you receive the transcription, you can automatically translate it from your user dashboard.
Is it necessary to transcribe my video before translating it?
Yes, it is. Users can choose between automatic or professional transcription. The former is more accurate, and it's perfect if you want to save time proofreading the file. Automatic transcription is faster, however, you will need to proofread the transcript yourself afterward.
How long does it take to transcribe and translate video files?
With our professional transcription service, 1-hour files can be processed in less than 24 hours. If you choose automatic transcription, transcribing a 1-hour file can take minutes. Once you receive the transcripts, you can translate the text from your user dashboard. Translation will take some seconds, as everything is automatic.
Audio to text made easier than ever
Free Transcription Editor
Closed Captions & Subtitles for any platform
Below is the list of video formats we support for translation.
Below is the list of languages we support for translation.
- Really unique service and definitely fills a need. I do a lot of audio/video interviews and then need to write articles from those interviews. Happy Scribe will save me a lot of time (and pain) in turning the audio to text. Accuracy was about 95% which is excellent!
- This is the most amazing software you can find online for transcribing your audio/video into text. The price is amazing. Worth every euro I paid for it. The service is super useful. I am very happy I found this. Many many thanks!
- Great service and easy to contact for help with questions. I used this service for my dissertation study and it saved me a lot of time. I’d recommend this service to anyone in need of quick transcription service.
- Excellent transcription software. Highlights anything it feels it might have got wrong but corrections are easily made as the audio is available to play along with the transcript without having to hook up drives etc. Very impressed.
- I found it very simple to understand and follow. It generated exactly what I wanted and what I expected. The results were very close to near perfect, word for word.
- Happy Scribe saves me so much time. As a journalist, my dream was to have an intern to transcribe my interviews to me - but Happy Scribe answered my prayers instead! And for a reasonable price too. Super happy with it.