How to transcribe an interview?
- Upload your interview recording.With our uploader, you can import your file from anywhere, whether it's on your laptop, Google Drive, Youtube, or Dropbox. The first 10 minutes are free and there's no file limit.
- Select the language of the recording.We support more than 120 languages, dialects, and accents.
- Choose "Automatic" or "Professional".Our automatic transcription software is lightning fast and 85% accurate. With our professional service, your transcript will be transcribed and proofread by an expert and native speaker and delivered with 99% accuracy.
- Receive your transcript.Our automatic transcription software will convert your interview to text in just a few minutes (depending on the length of your file). If you select our professional service, your interview transcript will be ready within 24 hours.
- Click on "Export" and choose your preferred file format.You can export to TXT, DOCX, PDF, HTML, and many more. It’s that easy to transcribe an interview!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it necessary to transcribe interviews?
Absolutely! Interview transcription ensures accuracy in reporting and makes it easier to find story connections between interviewees. Our brain fills in the gaps when it can’t hear what an interviewee said, but those words may not be accurate. And skimming and scanning the written words is much faster than streaming hours of audio, making story connections jump off the page.
How can I improve the accuracy when I transcribe interviews to text?
To get the highest possible accuracy rate when you transcribe interviews to text you need to upload a high-quality audio file. To obtain a high-quality audio file, it is advised that you maintain a consistent recording environment, avoid background noise, use quality microphones, and ensure that speakers talk directly into the microphone and avoid talking over one another.
How accurate are our transcription services?
Ongoing technological advances continue to improve the accuracy rate of automatic transcription. Depending on the audio quality, speaker accents, and technical jargon, our automatic transcription software can achieve up to 85% accuracy. And with the help of our professional transcribers, your transcripts can be 99% accurate.
Intuitive interface, easy to use!Intuitive interface, pretty accurate, and easy to final format captions. I use this now Exclusively for captioning my videos!Natashia Jefferies - Trustpilot
Perfect for transcribingThis website is perfect for transcribing Any Video fast and with ease. To make it even better, it HAS Numerous Useful features like translation, etc. I highly recommend it.Yahia Mostafa - Trustpilot
Perfect Video to Text transcriptionPerfect Video to Text transcription? It saved me hours of writing!Thomas Wing - Trustpilot
ExcellentVery happy with the product. Needed a paper pulled from a video zoom. Happy Scribe was easy to use and DID a great job!Clem Huffman - Trustpilot