How it works
- Submit your application. Fill the form and take an assessment test. We’ll be in touch as soon as possible.
- Select a subtitle file. Show your magic and start working on the file that you selected.
- Get paid bi-weekly. Get paid by bank transfer in your currency on a bi-weekly basis.
Why Should You Join Us?
Our subtitle editor is powered by the web. Our keyboard shortcuts will allow you to edit subtitles even quicker.
Need advice from other subtitlers? Having problems with the platform? We have created a fantastic online community to answer questions, help when you need it and, of course, share some fun.
How to apply for a freelance subtitling job?
- Apply. Fill the details and select the language of your choice. We are looking for subtitlers for the following languages: English, French, Spanish, and German.
- Skill Check. For us to assess your subtitling skills, you will have to proofread the subtitles of a sample video. The subtitling guidelines are your friend! Make sure to follow them. You will be allowed to check them during the test.
- We review your application. If you are a good fit, we will reach out by email.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I work from anywhere?
Yes! This is a 100% remote, freelance position. All you need is a decent wifi connection and you're good to go!
How much will I get paid on average?
Depending on the quality of your subtitles and the number of jobs you will take, the best subtitlers earn more than €2,000 per month.
How will I get paid?
Through Wise (formerly known as TransferWise). We will make a payment to you every two weeks.
What kind of topics will I work with?
You will have the opportunity to work on diverse subjects across many different industries. From academic studies to YouTube videos, there are always new topics to work on.
Where do your subtitlers come from?
Our subtitlers come from every part of the world: United States, United Kingdom, Spain, France, Germany, Kenya, Canada, Philippines, and many more.