How to transcribe academic materials?
- Upload your recording. With our uploader, you can import your file from anywhere, whether it's on your laptop, Google Drive, Youtube, or Dropbox. The first 10 minutes are free and there's no file limit.
- Select the language of your recording. We support more than 120 languages, dialects, and accents.
- Choose "Machine generated" or "Human made". Our automatic transcription software is lightning fast and 85% accurate. With our human service, your transcript will be transcribed and proofread by an expert and native speaker and delivered with 99% accuracy.
- Receive your transcript. Our automatic transcription software will convert your file to text in just a few minutes (depending on the length of your file). If you select our human service, your transcript will be ready within 24 hours.
- Click on "Export" and choose your preferred file format. You can export to TXT, DOCX, PDF, HTML, and many more. It’s that easy to have your academic materials transcribed and get your work done quicker!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do students have a special discount plan?
Yes, of course! Students get 25% off with our automatic transcription software. However, to get a human-proofread version, you would have to go for the normal pricing.
How long does it take to transcribe a file?
On average, manually transcribing audio to text takes about four hours for every hour of audio.
How long of a file can I have transcribed?
Happy Scribe will transcribe files of any length. There is no file size limit, meaning you don’t have to trim your interviews and submit multiple files. We also accept 45+ file formats including AIFF, M4A, MP3, MP4, WAV, and WMA, making podcast audio transcription quick and easy.
How many speakers am I limited to on my audio file?
Be it one person or one hundred people, we will transcribe everything on your audio file. Additionally, our speech recognition can detect when the speaker has changed.
“Transcription Made Easy”I am happy so far as I can transcribe podcast episodes and videos. The option to transcribe audios and videos in different languages and reliable aussi being white to add captions to videos.Neel R. - Carpeterra
Saved me loads of time…Saved me loads of time doing transcribing interviews for my thesis. Handled different accents of Dutch quite well.Suzan van Ierland - Trustpilot
Brilliant and so easy to useBrilliant and so easy to use. I wish I'd found Them years ago. It makes transcripts of my podcast in minutes qui I can use for blog posts etc. Fantastic customer service too.Philiy Page - Trustpilot
excellent transcriptionExcellent transcription, fantastic tool, work very well in french Very useful, I have made the film and interviews tracriptions for writing a book. Gain of timePETIT - Trustpilot