How to transcribe a recording?
- Upload your recording. With our uploader, you can import your file from anywhere, whether it's on your laptop, Google Drive, Youtube, or Dropbox. The first 10 minutes are freeand there's no file limit.
- Select the language of the recording. We support more than 120 languages, dialects, and accents.
- Choose "Machine generated" or "Human made". Our automatic transcription software is lightning fast and 85% accurate. With our human service, your transcript will be transcribed and proofread by an expert and native speaker and delivered with 99% accuracy.
- Receive your transcript. Our automatic transcription software will convert your file to text in just a few minutes (depending on the length of your file). If you select our human service, your transcript will be ready within 24 hours.
- Click on "Export" and choose your preferred file format. You can export to TXT, DOCX, PDF, HTML, and many more. It’s that easy to have your recording transcribed!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can transcription help me save time?
On average, a 1-hour interview takes 5 hours to manually transcribe an audio file to text. Happy Scribe can save you up to 70% of that time. Finding specific information in a transcript is much quicker than listening to long audio files. Simply do a keyword search using commands. Transcribed word documents are easier to store and distribute, ensuring everyone in the team can access the transcripts, wherever they are. Looking at a written record of your interview gives you a chance to see how often you cut your interviewer off and may show that you aren’t asking concise questions. A self-analysis of your style could make you a more human interviewer and nab you a better story.
How long of a file can I have transcribed?
Happy Scribe will transcribe files of any length. There is no file size limit, meaning you don’t have to trim your interviews and submit multiple files. We also accept 45+ file formats including AIFF, M4A, MP3, MP4, WAV, and WMA, making transcription in qualitative research quick and easy.
How many speakers am I limited to on my audio file?
At Happy Scribe, we understand that focus group transcription services and academic transcriptions services often need to transcribe multiple speakers within the same audio file. Therefore, we do not limit the number of speakers. Be it one person or one hundred people, we will transcribe everything on your audio file. Additionally, our speech recognition can detect when the speaker has changed.
excellentexcellent! I transcribed scientific audio text, not Clearly spoken, still got a nice transcriptBernd - Trustpilot
“Transcription Made Easy”I am happy so far as I can transcribe podcast episodes and videos. The option to transcribe audios and videos in different languages and reliable aussi being white to add captions to videos.Neel R. - Carpeterra
Pretty accurate transcriptionWhen I upload English-speaking interviews or presentations, the transcript is Almost 100% accurate. This is why I keep coming back to use this service. Highly recommend it!H Tien - Trustpilot
Brilliant and so easy to useBrilliant and so easy to use. I wish I'd found Them years ago. It makes transcripts of my podcast in minutes qui I can use for blog posts etc. Fantastic customer service too.Philiy Page - Trustpilot