How to transcribe a recording?
- Upload your recording.With our uploader, you can import your file from anywhere, whether it's on your laptop, Google Drive, Youtube, or Dropbox. The first 10 minutes are freeand there's no file limit.
- Select the language of the recording.We support more than 120 languages, dialects, and accents.
- Choose "Automatic" or "Professional".Our automatic transcription software is lightning fast and 85% accurate. With our professional service, your transcript will be transcribed and proofread by an expert and native speaker and delivered with 99% accuracy.
- Receive your transcript.Our automatic transcription software will convert your file to text in just a few minutes (depending on the length of your file). If you select our professional service, your transcript will be ready within 24 hours.
- Click on "Export" and choose your preferred file format.You can export to TXT, DOCX, PDF, HTML, and many more. It’s that easy to have your recording transcribed!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can transcription help me save time?
On average, a 1-hour interview takes 5 hours to manually transcribe an audio file to text. Happy Scribe can save you up to 70% of that time. Finding specific information in a transcript is much quicker than listening to long audio files. Simply do a keyword search using commands. Transcribed word documents are easier to store and distribute, ensuring everyone in the team can access the transcripts, wherever they are. Looking at a written record of your interview gives you a chance to see how often you cut your interviewer off and may show that you aren’t asking concise questions. A self-analysis of your style could make you a more professional interviewer and nab you a better story.
How long of a file can I have transcribed?
Happy Scribe will transcribe files of any length. There is no file size limit, meaning you don’t have to trim your interviews and submit multiple files. We also accept 45+ file formats including AIFF, M4A, MP3, MP4, WAV, and WMA, making transcription in qualitative research quick and easy.
How many speakers am I limited to on my audio file?
At Happy Scribe, we understand that focus group transcription services and academic transcriptions services often need to transcribe multiple speakers within the same audio file. Therefore, we do not limit the number of speakers. Be it one person or one hundred people, we will transcribe everything on your audio file. Additionally, our speech recognition can detect when the speaker has changed.
excellentexcellent! I transcribed scientific audio text, not Clearly spoken, still got a nice transcriptBernd - Trustpilot
Happy Scribe saves me so much timeHappy Scribe saves me so much time. As a journalist, my dream Was to-have an intern to transcribe my interviews to me - my goal Happy Scribe Answered prayers INSTEAD! And for a reasonable price too. Super happy with it.yessica klein - Trustpilot
I love this programI love this program. Takes all the pain out of transcribing interviews as a journalist.Rebecca Grapevine - Trustpilot
Impressively accurate and very fast…Impressively accurate and very fast transcription service! I saved so much time on my Master's thesis by using Scribe Happy! Really great value and I would highly recommend!Deirdre Quinn - Trustpilot