How to transcribe research interviews?
- Upload your recording. With our uploader, you can import your file from anywhere, whether it's on your laptop, Google Drive, Youtube, or Dropbox. The first 10 minutes are freeand there's no file limit.
- Select the language of the recording. We support more than 120 languages, dialects, and accents.
- Choose "Machine generated" or "Human made". Our automatic transcription software is lightning fast and 85% accurate. With our human service, your transcript will be transcribed and proofread by an expert and native speaker and delivered with 99% accuracy.
- Receive your transcript. Our automatic transcription software will convert your file to text in just a few minutes (depending on the length of your file). If you select our human service, your transcript will be ready within 24 hours.
- Click on "Export" and choose your preferred file format. You can export to TXT, DOCX, PDF, HTML, and many more. It’s that easy to have your recordings transcribed and speed up your research process!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is transcription in qualitative research?
Transcription is the process of converting spoken words into a written document. Transcription in qualitative research involves turning audio interviews into text documents to allow for a more efficient process of coding and analysing research data.
How long does it take to transcribe a file?
On average, manually transcribing audio to text takes about four hours for every hour of audio.
How can transcription help me save time?
The process of transcription in qualitative research has made data collation and analysis a much faster process. A researcher looking for data can simply use commands like “CTRL-F” to find specific information in a transcript without having to waste time listening through long audio files. Additionally, transcribing qualitative interviews allows an easy way to cut and paste accurate verbatim comments from interviewees and focus group participants into a research report compared to having to listen, pause, and type each comment. Specialized qualitative research transcription services can also provide team accounts, allowing fellow researchers to have access to the data, enhancing teamwork.
How long of a file can I have transcribed?
Happy Scribe will transcribe files of any length. There is no file size limit, meaning you don’t have to trim your interviews and submit multiple files. We also accept 45+ file formats including AIFF, M4A, MP3, MP4, WAV, and WMA, making podcast audio transcription quick and easy.
How many speakers am I limited to on my audio file?
At Happy Scribe, we understand that focus group transcription services and academic transcriptions services often need to transcribe multiple speakers within the same audio file. Be it one person or one hundred people, we will transcribe everything on your audio file. Additionally, our speech recognition can detect when the speaker has changed.
Impressively accurate and very fast…Impressively accurate and very fast transcription service! I saved so much time on my Master's thesis by using Scribe Happy! Really great value and I would highly recommend!Deirdre Quinn - Trustpilot
I love this programI love this program. Takes all the pain out of transcribing interviews as a journalist.Rebecca Grapevine - Trustpilot
excellentexcellent! I transcribed scientific audio text, not Clearly spoken, still got a nice transcriptBernd - Trustpilot
Saved me loads of time…Saved me loads of time doing transcribing interviews for my thesis. Handled different accents of Dutch quite well.Suzan van Ierland - Trustpilot